Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fairyland Poster Series!

SInce my last inspiration post, about Saul Bass, I have been all about simplified design. There's something about being able to take an idea, and deconstruct it with little to no detail, and maybe use 2-3 colors. I have been offered to design a series of Movie posters for a friend of mine that is going to be doing a short called "Fairyland". I have read the script, it is super clever. He had a few ideas as to what the poster should look like, so I took it and ran with it. I channeled my inner saul bass, and needless to say, I am beyond thrilled with the final product. I have never ventured into this realm of design before, it feels rather natural, almost too natural. Maybe this is the direction that I am headed for my re-identifying myself, as I have mentioned in my earlier post.

Here are 2 final posters so far. I am working on a 3rd, and will be posting it soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment